Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Two Piggies Soon

pigsinablanket4

Cavy Slave
I am getting two male guineas from a friend who was surprised to learn she is having twins in April 2013 (she already has a 3yr old). I saw that males tend to like having a female around so I have a few questions for you all:1) should I get a third (female) ?
2) do you recommend neutering them? (If so, where do you guys get the males neutered?)

Obviously, if I get a female the males will be neutered!

As far as I know, the ones I'm getting don't fight, one just tends to hump the other. I don't think they are getting the proper amount of exercise right now although their cage is large. I plan on making a multi-level cage for them so I think I'd have room for a female if you think it is a good idea.

Let me know what you think! Thank you for your time!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I saw that males tend to like having a female around so I have a few questions for you all

You should never put more then one male with a female, as they males will fight over the females.
1)Don't get a female, it will create problems.
2) Neutering males doesn't change their behavior like it does with say cats and dogs, so there is no point to do so unless you are putting a male in with females.

pigsinablanket4

Cavy Slave
You should never put more then one male with a female, as they males will fight over the females.
1)Don't get a female, it will create problems.
2) Neutering males doesn't change their behavior like it does with say cats and dogs, so there is no point to do so unless you are putting a male in with females.

Thanks for the quick reply! That is good to know!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.