PDA

View Full Version : Adopting Two Piggies Soon

pigsinablanket4
08-27-12, 08:21 pm
I am getting two male guineas from a friend who was surprised to learn she is having twins in April 2013 (she already has a 3yr old). I saw that males tend to like having a female around so I have a few questions for you all:1) should I get a third (female) ?
2) do you recommend neutering them? (If so, where do you guys get the males neutered?)

Obviously, if I get a female the males will be neutered!

As far as I know, the ones I'm getting don't fight, one just tends to hump the other. I don't think they are getting the proper amount of exercise right now although their cage is large. I plan on making a multi-level cage for them so I think I'd have room for a female if you think it is a good idea.

Let me know what you think! Thank you for your time!

RodentCuddles
08-27-12, 09:20 pm
I saw that males tend to like having a female around so I have a few questions for you all

You should never put more then one male with a female, as they males will fight over the females.
1)Don't get a female, it will create problems.
2) Neutering males doesn't change their behavior like it does with say cats and dogs, so there is no point to do so unless you are putting a male in with females.

pigsinablanket4
08-27-12, 10:13 pm
You should never put more then one male with a female, as they males will fight over the females.
1)Don't get a female, it will create problems.
2) Neutering males doesn't change their behavior like it does with say cats and dogs, so there is no point to do so unless you are putting a male in with females.

Thanks for the quick reply! That is good to know!