Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Is it Right or Wrong?

littlebear

Cavy Slave
Well at this time I am a vegetarian! =) But I have gotten a lot people saying that it is dumb and stupid which I do not like! But that has put the thought of is it right or wrong. I think it is both because eating other animals is the way of life it has been happening for centurys. But the way they kill the animals is horrible what is right?

Access

Cavy Slave
It's up to you. You either have the inner strength to do something or you don't, if teasing or ridicule can change the way your are, you probably need to rethink how you are to begin with. If inside you feel good about your own decision (as this is a purely personal decision for everyone) then no amount of teasing or ridicule from outside should be able to change your mind.

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
yeah, access is very right, i dont care what people say, I DO WUT I WOWNT! lol, but go with... jeez this is going to sound corney... but go with your heart!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I agree - go with your heart. We can't tell you if it is right or wrong. If you feel strongly about animals being killed, then stay being a vegetarian. If you think what other people are saying is true, then continue to eat meat.

StrangeKat

Cavy Slave
Like those above said its up to you, I went through the same thing, with everyone around me raising their eyebrows. I transitioned slowly, at first only eating free-range, then cutting out red meat, then poultry, then fish. This helped my family & friends see that I was serious and wasn't going through a fad and they have now basically shut their mouths. My sister and I went veg together, but she stopped after her friends started calling her dumb. Whatever you do, let it be YOUR CHOICE, not those around you. So many people are ignorant to the suffereing of animals, the fact that you are showing compassion and considering going veg already shows your character. Sometimes I think my friends are just jealous they don't have the willpower to do this too, maybe thats what's going on with yours?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
What you think about yourself is more important than what anyone else thinks about you. If you feel in your own mind and heart that you want to be a vegetarian then don't let anyone stop you.

littlebear

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone! I agree and I will tell more people about it and maybe show some people the Meet your Meat video.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Exactly what those before me have said--you must decide your morality yourself. Nobody can do that for you. "Good" is something definable only by the person judging (you!). For example, in my opinion it is wrong to eat animals. However, if you ask my dad, in his view it is just fine. Depends on who you ask.

elspeth

Cavy Slave
They only think it is 'dumb & stupid' because they have no minds of their own & instead choose to conform to what they think they should be doing. They are obviously completely ignorant about vegetarianism because otherwise they wouldn't say such narrow minded things. Just ignore them, at least you are doing what you feel is right & you have come to this conclusion by yourself...you're not just following the crowd. Don't be swayed by other people.
If you want to stand up to them, read up on the subject, and when anyone makes an assumption, you can come back with 'well actually.......', it always works for me & people learn something at the same time.

Keep up the vegetarianism!

StrangeKat

Cavy Slave
Exactly my thoughts, elspath. Knowledge is always the best defense.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.