Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C expanding my c&c cage

CnMorrow5

Cavy Slave
Ok so i have a 2x5 c&c cage for 3 piggies and im getting a 4th piggie soon and wanted to expand my cage to a 2x6! is that big enough for 4 piggies? And i have no idea what to do lol because my grids are ziptied together and i dont really wanna undo it and it fall apart lol because it took me foreverrrr to do my cage lol i would hate to mess it up anddd my coroplast is like 8 inches high all around the cage...so any suggestions and ideas would help me out soooo much :) oh and im going to be making a loft area also so any ideas with the ramp and stuff like that would be much appreciated :) helpppp lol

Attachments

185480_483526441658186_1469774635_n.jpg

mimi1967

Cavy Slave
I had a 2nd level, but it was hard to clean under it. I just cut the zips from the parts I wanted to move. The bottom section stayed very stable. I added to the base, and made it a L shape. One side is 2X6, and the other is 1X5. My two girls, Quinny & Ramona love it.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Just cut off one side and expand it. You should only need to remove the two side grids to expand the cage.That shouldn't be that hard.

schavarry

Cavy Slave
@Inle_Rabbit is right, you should just have to cut the zip ties on one side, re-arrange the connectors on that end and add the extra grids. As far as the coroplast goes, you can either re-score it so the sides are shorter and you have more to work with for the middle, or you can buy an extra piece of coroplast, which might be the better idea if you're also making a loft...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.