Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Large cage requirements!

Blizzard

Cavy Slave
I was looking at the websites for the SPCA locations in my country. When I was looking at the Wellington SPCA site, I found that they had minimum cage requirements of 6.6 feet by 2.6 feet, 16 square feet! That's the size of a 2x6! Nobody can take home a rabbit or guinea pig if the living space doesn't meet their requirements. The cage must also be 1.3 feet tall. (Which is just over the height of a grid) Rats have a minimum base size of 6.25 square feet, and must have multiple levels. I'm pretty impressed by this, but obviously you don't need quite that much space for just one piggie. xD

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
SPCA is a bit crazy on pet safety.
They wouldn't let me adopt a dog because I lived in an apartment o_O
Even tho my landlord came WITH ME and said "I allow dogs in my complex. Here is proof that I run and own this complex." Christ! I have a doberman in this apartment too! I go on daily bike rides, 4 times daily walks and weekly doggie park visits. This dog is beyond meeting his exercise requirements.

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
I tried to adopt a pair of GP's from them here in FL, they refused when I mentioned my 4 yr old Grand Daughter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.