Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia I need grids!

Hannah_

Cavy Slave
I've been trying to find grids to build a bigger and better cage for my two girls, I've been to bunnings, kmart, target, reject shop and howards storage world with no luck at all!!
Are there any online stores in Australia that sell the grids, I don't want any USA or UK stores as I can't afford the expensive postage.

All help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Hannah

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
If you search Wire cube storage on eBay... There is a Brisbane based seller... They aren't cheap... I think about $35 for 17 grids... But bunnings has discontinued them and like you I can't find them anywhere else... However... Bunnings have wire shelving about the length of about two and a half cubes that you could zip tie together for about $5 a shelf... Also spotlight sells storage cube sets with colored plastic instead of the wire in the middle :D good luck!

Hannah_

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the information, I will deffs try spotlight next time I'm getting felt for the piggies ramp. I like the idea of the colorful ones.

jubespiggies

Cavy Slave
I've recently seen these grid kind-of things which could work. Instead of grids, its just a solid flat surface, but it has the same purpose. Its located at a store called Homeart, which is located all over Australia so that should be accesible to you. Here's a link to the cubes (broken link removed) . These cubes basically work the same way as grids, and on the plus side, they cant chew the bars, though they wont really be able to see through.

jubespiggies

Cavy Slave
And also, if you need the price, there are i think 13 grids in the pack and each pack is $15. Just another note, i don't actually use those grids, i just saw them in a catalogue, but i've seen people use the same type, and their piggies don't seem to mind

Nix16

Cavy Slave
I used clever closet shelving from bunnings to make my cages, and used 2 x 90cm and 2 x 120cm shelves, they are really easy to cable tie together, took about 20 mins to make each cage including cutting and taping the coroplast. Also if your in the Hobart area you can get corp at Marsden brothers in moonah, their brand is called marflute.

pie_nya

Cavy Slave
Have you tried asking at Bunnings if they can get some in for you? If you go to the special orders desk, they can search and see if any other stores have some in stock. The ones my store has are $13 for a pack of 5 grids.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.