Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Ringworm.

CavyLoves

Cavy Slave
I have developed ringworm from my dominant pig. He always lays against my chin and thats where I have it. How do I take care of the ringworm thats on him?. Do I bathe him in a specific shampoo or what? I dont know what to put on me, eather. I`ve had it for alittle over a week. Sorry if this is on the wrong thread. :/

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You can attempt to treat yourself using an over the counter fungal cream or you can take him to the vet, and you to a doctor.

JessicaSayzRawr

Cavy Slave
The cream you get is the stuff you'd get for athletes foot. You can get it at walmart or your local drug store.

Meaghan

Cavy Slave
Like mentioned before, it's just athlete's foot cream you put on ringworm. However, I thought I'd mention that if it doesn't improve after a week or so, go to your dermatologist; it's likely not ringworm, but pityriasis rosea. I thought I got ringworm a couple years ago, but it was actually that. It's a virus that spreads easily in spring and summer months. Unfortunately, I hope for your sake it is ringworm because pityriasis rosea has no cure because it is a virus just like the common cold, and can last for several months. I developed mine in February, and had it for almost 8 months. It's incredibly itchy, too. =/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.