PDA

View Full Version : Crochet Cuddly Cavies for adoption

Pages : 1 [2]

VoodooJoint
12-07-06, 07:31 pm
Sorry I haven't responded to everyone in a while. I will try to address as many questons as I can now.

For those wondering if I can ship overseas the answer is yes. Canada costs about the same as America while Europe, Asia, Etc... costs more. If you live overseas please feel free to PM me for a shipping quote. If you live on an American Military base then shipping costs the same as if it were domestic American shipping.

I'm pretty sure I can do hamsters, rats and other small rodents. I have not yet worked out a pattern for a realistic rabbit or chinchilla pattern but if I do it will be more expensive then the GPs as it will be much more work and be larger.

I created the pattern I make the GPs with and at this time I am not selling it or giving it away. I may eventually finish typing it up with the fixes and changes it needs and at that time may offer it for sale. Right now it exists mostly in my head though.

I can start taking orders at anytime. I have a couple of GPs I need to make first though so there is a waiting list but it's not too long although I won't be able to get any more done (other then the orders I already have) before X-mas. Feel free to PM me or email me if you want to place an order.

wickedrodent
12-07-06, 07:52 pm
If you can do hamsters, I would love to have a few done for my hamsters that have passed away.. How much would hamsters be? The same as guinea pigs?

Piggy92
01-23-07, 12:44 pm
Hello,
Are you still making the piggies?
If so, I would like one done!

Coiler
01-23-07, 03:32 pm
Hi Voodoo, I hope you are still making cavies because I want two ! And one of my cat if you can make one :)

Maisiepaisie
01-23-07, 05:30 pm
Ooh I would like some too. How much would shipping be to the UK for 2 pigs and do you accept payment by Paypal?

sweetjay6891
01-24-07, 03:48 pm
Once I get more money, I'm so getting Meeko(R.I.P) Oko, and Hamilton. These are treasured keepsakes. Very nice. I'll pm you when I'm ready!

hiph0p_mami
02-07-07, 10:48 am
Good Morning,

I would like to know if you are still making them. I would want one of my Cookie

VoodooJoint
02-07-07, 10:59 am
Yes, I am still making them. I'm just finishing up an adorable cresting brown agouti for Pepperwin.

If you are interested please contact me though PM and we'll talk about it.

WickedRodent - I think I can do Hamsters. They wouldn't be as much as a GP (unless you wanted them as big as a GP). If you wanted them closer to normal size they would probably cost what the baby GPs do. I haven't worked out a pattern yet but I'm certain I could.

I think I can also do rats and gerbils/degus. Mice would be tricky because they are so small but I can probably do them too.

Cheritypie
02-28-07, 12:06 am
Tempting...

I'll save up and then see about it. I might get a long hair that looks like Cherity.

:D

cavy-cool-crazy
03-05-07, 02:58 pm
Elizabeth (PM) bought two crocheted cavies from Elly and sent them for the twins. They babies love them. I had to share the pics.

Daniel

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/cavycareforum/Twins/DanielPiggie1.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/cavycareforum/Twins/DanielPiggie.jpg

Olivia

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/cavycareforum/Twins/OliviaPiggie1.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/cavycareforum/Twins/OliviaPiggie2.jpg

The cavies are of amazing quality, so well made. They even have 4 toes on the front feet and 3 on the back! When I start my new job I will save up and - if VJ is still making them - get one of each of my 4 piggles. So great. Thanks PM for sending them and Elly for making them!

VoodooJoint
03-05-07, 05:04 pm
I'm glad you like them. Let those adorable babies drool on them all they want. They are 100% washable.

RayFay
03-25-07, 07:37 pm
Hello I'm new here. I was told about the fabulous crochet cavies by cavy-cool-crazy. I think they are brilliant! When I do save up enough money I think I will order two (2) of them.

Piggy92
04-02-07, 09:54 am
Im so glad you're still making them.
I definitely have to save up.

sweetjay6891
04-02-07, 01:25 pm
I know....I'm just waiting till after April 15th. Then Im going to get one at a time(I want 3). So hopefully you still do them!

sweetjay6891
04-16-07, 01:00 pm
OKay....In two more weeks I can pay for two guinea pigs. Are you still making them?

VoodooJoint
04-16-07, 01:03 pm
Yes, I'm still making them.

Layna
04-30-07, 05:09 am
I know this is an older post, but I just want to say to the creator, what a unique and fun idea. Very creative. Keep up the good work.

TayleesFriend
04-30-07, 06:26 am
These are amazing! Great job! lol

newpiggiemama
08-22-07, 02:59 am
VoodooJoint, I love these! I can Crochet, but nothing like this! My word! They are fantastic! I wannnttt! :)

ginniemama
08-22-07, 06:26 am
Are you still making these? I would love to place an order!! They are the cutest!!

VoodooJoint
08-22-07, 07:41 am
Yes, I'm still making them. If you're interested feel free to PM me.

Percy's Mom
08-22-07, 08:41 am
I know I've said this before, but VJ's work is even more wonderful in person than in the pictures that have been posted. You will definitely not be disappointed if you have her make you a Cuddly Cavy.

VoodooJoint
08-22-07, 07:16 pm
Thank you Liz! That reminds me, my sight is pretty much all better now since my surgery. I think I can get started on that jointed GP doll with dress blues if you are still interested. If so PM me.

kathrynj
08-23-07, 02:37 am
WOW I am trying to get crochet piggie out of my head hehe I am nearly finished #1 try. Those are FANTASTIC, I am so impressed! I might put a pic of mine up for you to critique! Or I might be far too embarrassed to do that!

pigsforlife
08-23-07, 02:47 am
I am very interested in this but have a few questions before I make a definite decision. Is the costs you listed for the crochet cavies the same cost as it would be in Australia or is the currency you are using different to what we use in Australia? I have 3 girls under the age of 6 months and am heading towards getting 3 crochet baby cavies, do you know the cost for shipping to Perth, and if not can you point me in the right direction? I can provide as many pictures as needed, how do you want me to get them to you, I can upload them to photobucket and then email you? Thanks

VoodooJoint
08-23-07, 09:55 am
The price is in US Dollars. The exchange rate between US and Aus is

1.00 USD = 1.22550 AUD

You can look up the full cost in AUD here XE.com - Universal Currency Converter (http://www.xe.com/ucc/)

Shipping up to one pound to Perth would be $10.10 (USD). I'm pretty sure that 3 baby sized GPs would be under a pound.

When supplying pictures I need as many angles as possible. Top, left and right sides, butt shot, face shot and chest belly (if possible). Upload them to photobucket and PM me the links. I get my PMs faster then my emails so that's always the best way to get in contact with me.

trojanman10101
08-24-07, 03:13 am
Do you do only do guinea pigs or other small animals too?

wickedrodent
08-24-07, 06:32 am
Same question, I cant remember if I asked before.. I would love to get one done for Secret- my hamster- that recently passed away.

VoodooJoint
08-24-07, 07:25 am
I can do other small animals. I recently did a ferret doll for a friend and I have done small horse dolls in the past. I'm pretty certain I can do hamsters, rats, mice and gerbils. I may be able to do other animals as well.

jilovecavies
08-24-07, 07:58 pm
Voodoo, I want a black bear. Life size. Just kidding. ;)

I told my fiance this is what I want for Christmas...to immortalize my guinea pigs! So eventually you will be getting an order from me. :)

VoodooJoint
08-24-07, 08:21 pm
Voodoo, I want a black bear. Life size. Just kidding.
lol Actually I have been considering crocheting a life sized, as realistic as possible, horse. I think I want to wait until I have a bigger home to put it in though.

ctinaw
10-02-07, 09:57 pm
Those are SO cute and so creative of you! Once we get our second pig I may have to put in an order!! What a great idea. But I have to ask - are the products for the owners or for our piggies? lol. I could see putting them on my desk at work.

VoodooJoint
10-02-07, 10:09 pm
Thanks for the compliment! I definitely recommend keeping the dolls out of the pigs' paws. I think they would find them better for chewing them cuddling but there is no harm in introducing them to their cuddly counterparts.

Percy's Mom
10-03-07, 07:21 am
CCCs are definitely for the humans. My pigs have been introduced to mine (and I have a few), but the crocheted piggies don't go in the cages. Oh VJ, Ms. Nibbles told me the other day that she needs a guy to go to a Winter Solstice dance she heard about. ;) And Hairy Pooper and Dumbleboar are wondering if you're working on more of their group.

ctinaw
10-03-07, 08:15 am
LOL - I love the names of your pigs!!!

wickedrodent
10-12-07, 05:52 pm
I pmed you VooDoo. :)

kala83
11-24-07, 09:55 pm
These are adorable I would love some of my girls as soon as I can save up the money for them.

bamby71994
02-20-08, 01:41 pm
What is pm'd? Any exra for shipping?? I'm not sure I have that many photos, but I can take more!

bamby71994
02-20-08, 01:42 pm
These are amazingly good! All of the photos didn't load but still!lol

VoodooJoint
02-20-08, 01:56 pm
What is pm'd? Any exra for shipping?? I'm not sure I have that many photos, but I can take more!PM means Private Message. I have been able to make pigs from just a couple of photos. I ask for more if possible because then I can make the markings even more accurately. Shipping is usually an extra $4.60 in the U.S.

Butterscotch2
03-04-08, 12:58 pm
Do you still make them?

VoodooJoint
03-04-08, 01:05 pm
Yes, I'm still making them.

Butterscotch2
03-06-08, 05:35 pm
Great! I was planning on getting on for my birthday or Christmas. I would buy one on my own, but I can't pay for it, considering the fact that I have to pay for veggies (which are kind of excpensive), and I don't have a job. I will probably send you the pictures in the summer or just a little before I would like to have it (so you can hve time to make it). Thanks!

auburnmare5
06-03-08, 02:59 pm
How long do they take to ship. I am in Massachusetts.

VoodooJoint
06-03-08, 03:18 pm
They ship priority so once the doll is finished it takes about 1-3 days to get to you. The doll itself usually takes about 2 weeks to complete.

auburnmare5
06-03-08, 03:45 pm
Okay. Awesome. I hope to order one soon. Another question. How many pictures do you need? One of every angle? (Top, bottom, sides, face...)

VoodooJoint
06-03-08, 07:30 pm
How many pictures do you need? One of every angle? (Top, bottom, sides, face...)Yes, one of every angle is best. That way I can come much closer to the GP's actual markings. I do pretty good at guessing when I don't have a picture of the belly or butt but I at least need each side and a picture from above. A front on face shot also helps but I can usually see all of the face markings with the side shots.

GuineaAddict
06-03-08, 11:47 pm
I really want one :sob:. How much would two baby sized short haired guinea pig crochets be including shipping?

Ly&Pigs
06-05-08, 10:41 pm
VJ, I need you to do one of my Himalayan I lost, Charity (Cherrybelle). I only have a couple photos of her. Baby Elly is getting lonely and needs a friend. How much would it cost?

ms pixie riot
06-10-08, 04:33 pm
What a brilliant idea! Your crocheted piggies are wonderful! (As a knitter myself, I can appreciate how much love and care you put into each one!)

RayFay
06-18-08, 04:45 pm
VJ could you do a baby sized doll of my Mimi for me? Would it be better to email or PM you pictures? I've got my money in my hand ready to pay you!

VoodooJoint
06-18-08, 06:00 pm
Pm me the pictures if possible.

starshine123102
01-11-09, 08:56 pm
Are you still making crochet piggies?:optimist:

5guinea5pig5
01-11-09, 09:00 pm
I'd love to find that out too :D

starshine123102
01-11-09, 09:13 pm
I'd love to find that out too :D

I hope you don't want all 31. That's a mighty tall order. I can just picture it now...:D

5guinea5pig5
01-11-09, 09:27 pm
I might have to order all 31. :D 62 pigs wow! Too much work :D

starshine123102
01-11-09, 09:43 pm
Why all 31x2??? I meant one for the girl, maybe two.

5guinea5pig5
01-11-09, 09:46 pm
I was kidding lol! I might order like 5 or 6 because I want some.

kala83
03-04-09, 12:38 pm
I was just wondering i know you mostly do Guinea pigs but can you rabbits as well, we have a lil Netherland Dwarf at home and it would be cool to have a lil replica of him.

Ly&Pigs
07-24-09, 05:38 pm
This thread is closed until further notice as VJ is on hiatus.