Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

need help or opinions

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
hello,
i am currently looking for a C&C cage to buy and cant find one anywhere besides ebay and just wanted to look at more places but don't have a clue where to start. i could really use the help and suggestion. Thanks :)

kp53179

Cavy Slave
It is going to be more expensive to purchase one thats already set up. You can buy grids at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond. Coroplast can be purchased at sign stores but you dont necessarily need it. I hope that helps!

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
so the grids are like the bars?? that go around (or make the Cage?)

kp53179

Cavy Slave
Yes this link will show you pictures of the grids. The 3rd and 5th picture are the ones your looking at..

storage cubes at Target

kp53179

Cavy Slave
Make sure you can get the 8 or 9 hole grids cause they will try to get out and may get stuck!

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
thanks for the link now i know what i am looking for but what is the coroplast? Thanks for the help as well

kp53179

Cavy Slave
Your welcome! Coroplast is corrugated plastic. People use these at sign shops. Fast signs is a pretty popular shop and thats where I get mine. You will have to do a little research to see where you can get it. For a 4ft by 8ft sheet of coroplast its normally around $30 but a LOT of people find cheap prices. Also, people use shower curtains as a base or towels. Whatever works will be fine, but the shower curtain/towels will only work well with fleece in my opinion. Hope that helps!

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
that does thank you i just have to find a sign shop and make my way to a bigger town to go to target lol :) thanks for all your help if you have any other opinions or suggestions i will gladly take them into consideration. Thanks!!

kp53179

Cavy Slave
Thats good! When you find a coroplast shop, you can give them the measurements you need and they will cut it! At least the one I went to will. I bought one sheet and it was horrible, so if you are a bad crafty person like me and can't use a box cutter in one straight line then a good suggestion would be to let them see it lol. I showed them the instructions on how to cut it from this website :) Good luck!

lissie

Cavy Slave
DO NOT get the grids that are 8x8 space across. The spacing between the bars are too wide and guinea pigs can get their head stuck.

Only buy grids that are 9x9 across.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...t-new-target-grids-dangerous-please-read.html

Here are resources to buy safe grids.
Sears - $15.83 for 23 grids (free shipping to your local store)
Floor Standing 6-Cube Storage Unit- Stor-Tools-Garage Organization & Shelving-Storage Hooks & Accessories

K-Mart - $18.99 for 23 grids (also free shipping to your local store)
(broken link removed)

Bed Bath & Beyond - $19.99 for 19 grids. (sign up for their coupon to get 20% off)
(broken link removed)

Walmart - $21.97 for 17 grids (free shipping to store)
Whitmor White Wire Storage Cubes, Four Cubes Interlocked - Walmart.com

Amazon - $20 for 17 grids
(broken link removed)

Coroplast:

$10 - $20 (depend on each location) per 4x8 ft sheet.
(broken link removed)

Home Depot
72 in. x 36 in
$11.78
(broken link removed)

You can also call your local sign stores to ask for coroplast (corrugated plastic). If you can't find coroplast, you can use plastic shower curtain to line the cage, just make sure your piggies cannot chew the shower curtain.

Last edited:

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
is there anything else i can use besides coroplast as the bottom?

Tbullard

Cavy Slave
is there anything else i can use besides coroplast as the bottom?

Yes, I used a outdoor table cloth that is waterproof. It works great. I just layed it down and layed fleece on top of it with a few layers of flannel in between. It is wonderful. My little guy loves it.

wiggers84

Cavy Slave
Awsome thanks :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.