Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Need Help

horsenkat

Cavy Slave
OK, so I need some tips on how to make the fleece I have work. Should have done more research before switching, but I've already switched and currently have 5 pieces of nice, soft green fleece. And that's what I use as bedding, currently. One piece of fleece, and that's it. There is one, main recurring problem with this: My guinea pig (Corey) pushes it to the side in his little poop place. Meaning that all the stuff ends up on the main, cold cage floor. It's not bad for his paws as the cage floor isn't wiring, but I can't imagine it'd be comfortable, and it makes it hard to clean his cage. So, what can I do to fix this, and what am I doing wrong? (because I know I'm doing something wrong).

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Do you have towels under the fleece? Some pigs are burrowers. I fixed that by buying a large enough piece of fleece, it goes up and over the sides of the cage. It makes clean up really easy, especially if you have corner poopers.

horsenkat

Cavy Slave
Well, I don't have fleece big enough to go to the sides of the cage. Probably not going to, just because of the difficulties that would present after already have cutting my fleece. :) I'll put towels under the fleece the next time I change it.

horsenkat

Cavy Slave
OK, thanks. :) So that's all I need to do?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.