Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Checking on Weather Before...............

tabikat55

Cavy Slave
letting pigs outside. :sad:

Loaded Tasha and Carley in cat carrier. Veggie bag ready, camera ready beverage ready.

It's nice outside 72 deg. and an overcast. I park the pigs under 2 big trees (so hawks can't see them) and proceed to pull out the camera and record the happy munching and piggy talks.

It starts to sprinkle, no biggie, we live in Wisconsin, it'll stop and we're protected by the trees. NOT!!!

Deluge hits!!! Close camera, put pigs back in carrier and to the house.

Dang it!!

go_ellie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

pinky

Cavy Slave
letting pigs outside. :sad:

Loaded Tasha and Carley in cat carrier. Veggie bag ready, camera ready beverage ready.

It's nice outside 72 deg. and an overcast. I park the pigs under 2 big trees (so hawks can't see them) and proceed to pull out the camera and record the happy munching and piggy talks.

It starts to sprinkle, no biggie, we live in Wisconsin, it'll stop and we're protected by the trees. NOT!!!

Deluge hits!!! Close camera, put pigs back in carrier and to the house.

Dang it!!

Check Nexrad or NOAA online before heading out. You don't have to be caught off guard that way.

piggie4life

Cavy Slave
www.weather.com is my fave place 2 check the weather. sometimes i hate rain. :mad:

tabikat55

Cavy Slave
I know about checking the weather stations. My point was I did't think too. A small amount of humor.

mari11

Cavy Slave
We've had some gorgeous weather lately, so the pigs have been outside all afternoon. Had a sudden squall hit last week, big grey clouds and pouring rain rolling in with the westerly wind and I was sitting on the verandah looking at the cage 20 meters away, thinking, yeah... this is why you have plastic on.

Headed out to check with an umbrella anyway and Squeak is out under the clear plastic, munching away. So they stayed out a while longer.

We have a clear view about 100km in three directions and the weather still sneaks up on me sometimes.

angie901

Cavy Slave
I love rain! Except when we are having a barbecue!!! I don't like it one bit! Or when we are having a block party and it pours on all the food!!! and all the people!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.