PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

erenton
08-07-12, 05:30 am
Hi I'm new to this forum. I've got one guinea pig, Sophie. Sadly her sister just passed away over the weekend. :weepy: So now we're looking for a new friend for her through some nearby rescues.

I actually found this forum over a year ago, when I was first looking at guinea pigs. I found the advice on cages very helpful, so I've decided to join.

peacheshershey
08-07-12, 05:47 am
Welcome to the forum :). I'm sorry to hear about Sophie's sister. Let us know if you have any questions.I would love to see pictures of your guinea pig too.:cheerful:

erenton
08-07-12, 09:52 am
Thanks! I do have a question. Sophie's not been drinking her water. I've been changing it regularly, but the water level isn't dropping at all. Her poo looks ok, and I've been making sure to keep her veggies extra wet after washing them. Is there anything else i should do?

Zuidy
08-07-12, 10:01 am
Thanks! I do have a question. Sophie's not been drinking her water. I've been changing it regularly, but the water level isn't dropping at all. Her poo looks ok, and I've been making sure to keep her veggies extra wet after washing them. Is there anything else i should do?

Often times Pigs don't drink much. I wouldn't worry about it.

Each time you fill it, wet the nozzle of it and keep tapping it to make water come out when she is nearby you. This may let something click in her head that "this thing is where I get water"

Wetting down her Veggies is all you need to worry about. My girls never drank out of their bottles at first, but now they drink out of them all the time. :)

Good luck! And welcome to the forums!

erenton
08-08-12, 02:06 am
I think it worried me because she's used to the water bottle. Its really only been since her sister died that she stopped drinking from it. But her general behavior is improving and she actually wheeked for her dinner last night, but the water bottle's still full.