Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puddles turned into Osiris!!

Guinea_Puddles

Cavy Slave
My Guinea Pig turned out to be a guy. 0.o The girl at PetSmart told me it was a girl, but I let Puddles, who is now Osiris, and Goggles play and they didn't really do anything. And I picked up Goggles because my brother said it was a girl, and my step-sister said no and we checked them and they both looked the same so we looked it up and now he's a boy. I've been calling Osiris Puddles for a month now.): But atleast now I can buy him cute things:)

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs don't really "play" like dogs at a dog park, and actually continually introducing them and then taking them away from each other causes far more stress than it's worth. They have to reestablish dominance each and every time and that is a stressful time for them. If you want them to be together, put them together in a neutral area and let them work it out, then leave them together in the same (cleaned) cage. If the ultimate goal isn't to let them live together, don't give them "play time" together - it isn't fun or helpful for them.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Why did you get a girl when you already have a boy?
It is very good that 'she' turned out to be a he, because babies would not of been good!
they didn't really do anything.
I hope you weren't intending to breed them.

What size cage do you have? Would you have a big enough cage for them to live together in?
And like @Paula said guinea pigs don't like play times as it stresses them out, going though dominance again and again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.