Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Multi-level

maeve100

Cavy Slave
Hi there -

I was curious: would my piggy enjoy a multi-level house like I have seen in the galleries? (The ones with nice ramps up to a second story loft.) The reason I ask is because I bought a new sheet of coroplast and had no idea how huge its was! So now I have a decent left over piece to play with. :). Monty's original coroplast bottom was made of four sheets of tiny coroplast & duct tape. Unfortunately he loved to gnaw on the tape so I am building him a solid one. Hehe.

Liz

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Ane extra level couldn't hurt! To get him to go up the ramp put veggies leading up to the loft.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
I have two piggies and one loft. One loves it, one doesn't really care for it. But Mia, the one that loves it, really enjoys running up and down. She enjoys the view. :)

Merry

Cavy Slave
When I had a two-level cage, I used a cloth tube hanging between the first and second stories as a sort of 'tunnel-ramp.' The pigs used it a lot more than I think they would have a regular ramp. They would even sleep in it! And it didn't take up any floor space, either. You have to make it pretty wide though so that pigs won't get stuck when one's going down and one's going up... I learned this the hard way lol.

maeve100

Cavy Slave
I will have to try the cloth ramp. I think I have seen things like that in the ferret section of Petco ;-). This new cage I built is just gigantic! I hope he doesn't get lonly with all the extra room lol.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Mine love their hay loft. Their second loft they don'y use so much but when they do it is usually one at a time and I think it is so that they can have some private time away from each other.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.