Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello

CavyGeneral1291

Cavy Slave
i have already made a post. i am CavyGeneral1291. i am 15 and the owner of one guinea pig. i was also the owner of one before him. when my first one died, i cried for a very long time and i probably would have cried even more if i didnt decide to suck it up, go to the pet store and buy a new one (after my old one's funeral of course :weepy:). sometimes i still cry about him but then i realize that i have a new one to take care of and pig #1 would have wanted me to love my new one as much as i loved her. im getting all teary eyed thinking of it right now. anyways i have done research on guinea pigs and their health and behavior and so im a self proclaimed expert of cavies (on the other hand im a teen and i think i know everything anyways :p). i am here for advice and help just as many of you are here for such a thing too.

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Happy to see a fellow 15 year old here. :D We would love to see pigtures of your new piggy, and I am very sorry for your loss. :weepy: I've had to suffer the sad loss of a pig before also, so I can understand how you feel. Also, I may add, that pigs do need friends so it would be best to look into getting him a buddy. Also, next time you get a pig, please chose to rescue, as buying from a petstore promotes all the horrible things they do (I could go on and on for days, back breeding sows, no vet care, horrible cramped spaces, only caring about money, horrible nutrition, not caring about genetics, again, I could go on for days)

CavyGeneral1291

Cavy Slave
actually, i got the first one from an animal shelter. anyways, that animal shelter closed down and i no longer have a local shelter living in the small town i live in. not to mention it is hard to find a guinea pig in an animal shelter to begin with. i realize such horrid things happen to such adorable, social little animals and if i had the ability to, i would buy them from a shelter.

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
You can also try craigslist, they have many listings where people are wanting to get rid of pigs. Just make sure that they are not a breeder, just a family getting rid of pigs, breeders are not even allowed to post on CL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.