Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My boar just cut my hair. D:

Patmai

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Sometimes I like placing my guinea pig on my shoulder (or if he sits on my lap, he somehow likes to find a way to climb up to my shoulder), and he likes to nibble on my hair and I've no idea why, but just recently he was able to cut a lock of my hair off! xD

It's a funny occurrence but I just wanted to know whether or not this is a problem with his behavior, or if it's really 'cause my hair's very dry and he thinks it's hay. :/

He's hasn't eaten any of my hair yet, fortunately.

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Barbering is a natural behavior that some guinea pigs like to do. Sometime they do it to themselves and sometimes they do it to others.

Rest assured that your piggy doesn't think you have hay for hair.

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
Yep, been there done that. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to tugging on my bangs. Poppy trimmed part of them to about .5 "!!!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I have a barber piggy too (Amy). So far I've always been able to whisk my hair away before she actually manages to remove some, but she always goes for it when I'm holding her on my chest.

I suspect Mufasa would have been a barber piggy, too. Once during laptime when one of the cats snuggled up to us, the little dickens plucked out one of the cat's whiskers.

coconutty78

Cavy Slave
Yes this is common i see both Rusty and Munchie do it to one another as well as during lap time they are always trying to burrow and chew on my sons hair. Its funny to watch though.lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.