Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cleaning qn?

M

MissyLilz

cleaning qn?

Hi, at the moment i'm using newspaper and hay for bedding for my gippigs, and was planning on building a home for them like your ones on the website using the grids and coroplast. I was just wondering what you think about how hard/easy it would be to clean the soiled newspaper and hay using the loose flap (as in your designs). I don't really have other options for bedding as i live in Australia. Thanks!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: cleaning qn?

If you are going to use newspaper and hay, I definitely wouldn't bother with the flaps. I think the flap idea is really of limited value. We just use a dustpan to scoop out old litter and it works just fine.

By the time you undo the grids and push the flap down, you could have half the cage scooped out. :)

M

MissyLilz

Re: cleaning qn?

Thanks a lot teresa! At the moment I am trying to get supplies for my gippigs house, and have managed to find the coroplast, but the grids are a bit harder to find...will be looking into bbc hardware house as you suggested though! Thanks again!
Lely!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.