Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

"Hi" from Piggy Mum!

Piggy Mum

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone! I just thought I'd introduce myself. My piggies are Crackle and Poofters, and my husband and I adopted them from the SPCA in January. Crackle is now 1 year and 8 months old. Her baby is Poofters, who is 7 months old. They're totally adorable! I'm still trying to figure out how to attach an album of them.

I've been referring to Guinea Pig Cages and the forum for months now whenever I've had a question, and it's been really informative, so I've finally joined! Thanks to this forum, I've done a complete switch to Oxbow products, and I can't believe the amazing appetite Crackle and Poofters have now. They always had a good appetite, but Crackle sometimes had GI problems, which seem to have settled down since switching from Kaytee and Hagen to Oxbow. (KMS Hayloft doesn't ship to Canada yet, but they're trying to arrange Canadian shipping.)

I have so many questions all the time, and I don't even know where to begin, so I thought I'd just say "Hi" first.

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Hi! Welcome to the forum! Were glad to have you here! Would love to see some pigtures of your girls! :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Piggy Mum

Cavy Slave
Thanks! I've posted my pictures in Cavy Slave Galleries under Piggy Mum. (At least I think that's where they are! Still trying to navigate the site!)

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your piggies must be thanking their mommy for buying gourmet food by eating it all! :D I personally use KMS pellets, because I found that it was too much calcium for them, but I use their hay, and my piggies start wheeking, popcorning, and doing zoomies whenever they hear the hay tub being opened!!!!! :)

Just out of curiosity, are your piggies in a C&C cage? I know that you've been lurking for a while, but I have no idea if you have the space for one...

I'll try and open the album, because I'm anxious to see them!

Piggy Mum

Cavy Slave
Hi NarwhalsRock! Actually, it seems that the pictures aren't in my album because my profile says that my album is empty. They are under Cavy Slave Galleries, though. My piggies' C&C cage used to be 2x4, but my husband and I found that they needed more space, so we added two squares out one side of the pen, since 2x5 wouldn't work well for their room. It makes a kind of corridor. We have to be careful not to put anything in the pen that would block them in the new part, though. I've posted the before and after pictures.

Hopefully everyone will bear with me while I learn how to post pictures properly. I've never been on any online forum before, so I'll have to kind of learn as I go.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.