Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Scratching Behaviour Changes

tiflor

Cavy Slave
Hi there. Recently, my guinea pig has started acting really weird towards me, and she is now really agitated, and runs away from me whenever i touch her, so i can't even pet her anymore.

Is it possible that she has some skin condition that causes her to be sensitive to touch? She scratches herself a lot and had a small wound on her back that has already been treated, but she's still scratching herself.
When i went to the pet store, the seller told me i was giving her the wrong food and suggested some ration that was supposed to be good for her skin. Aside from the ration (which is now taken care of) i'm pretty sure i give her a balanced diet of vegetables and the correct ones, so i have no idea of what may be happening to her.

I'm also really short on money right now, and a vet here is absurdly expensive.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edit: new info, she is now biting me really hard.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave

tiflor

Cavy Slave
Thank you, i will look on that website for more information

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.