Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

where to find coroplast?

I

idontcook

where to find coroplast?

Now that I have seen the pictures of the cubes and coroplast I can't wait to build one. But I can't find coroplast. Lowe's thought I was nuts and the sign company wouldn't sell me a piece. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to look?
thanks

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: where to find coroplast?

Find another sign company or ask them who their supplier is and call them directly. Did you tell the sign company what you wanted it for? They may have thought you were going to do something that might compete with them, as sign companies USE it to make signs. Tell them you would like to know who their supplier of Coroplast is so that you can call them and ask them what other sign company might be willing to sell you a sheet of Coroplast to make a home for your guinea pig. If that doesn't work, ask to talk to that store's manager, and explain it to them. If that doesn't work ask who the owner is. If you were already talking to the owner, call back and beg and plead your case.

Attachments

201306_774483007954_1441796_o.jpg _20141008_185517.jpg
P

PapaDean

Re: where to find coroplast?

Hi, "idon'tcook". If we knew where in the world you are (shades of Carmen San Diego), we could advise you a little better. Here in Phoenix, Arizona, I found my 4' x 8' sheet at the first place I called. It's a wholesale/retail banner company and they were happy to sell it to me. They don't sell too much of it, as they are really into banners, and they only had white (none of the 13 othere colors), but it was just what I wanted and they were fairly close to my house.

Some of the larger suppliers of various items, don't like to bother with small sales. They even have a minimun purchase amount to discourage "one-sies, two-sies" type of purchases, or require that you have a business account with them.

I don't know if art supply stores will have this item. They have Fome Core brand of sign board (not approriate for piggy use), so they might have this more modern replacement for it - coroplast.

"Let your fingers do the walking thru the Yellow Pages." Good luck!

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.