Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Revolution and fleas?

macysmom

Cavy Slave
I have heard people on this board and read on guinea lynx that Revolution can be used to treat mites. Can it also be used to treat fleas? Or prevent them? Last year we had a horrible outbreak, we have 2 acres w/various wildlife that comes and goes. Last night I had a flea jump on my foot in the house, this weekend we are treating the house and yard like we did last yr. Hopefully this yr won't be as bad. Can I put Revolution on the pigs? If so how do I draw up 0.07556849384 cc? That is the recommened dose on guinea lynx for mites, would it be the same for fleas?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Yes, Revolution treats fleas--I would use the same dose.

I find the easiest way is to empty the Revolution tube into a small vial/bottle and draw it out with a needle.

macysmom

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much, I figured it would work. Thats what our dog is on monthly. How much per pig? 0.07556849384 cc is the recommened dose for a 2lb pig, thats like 2 drops right? I do plan on putting it in a syringe, but I don't have anything marked for that small of a dose.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
It's best to use a 1cc syringe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.