PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Things For Piggies

Guineapiglovr
07-11-12, 02:26 pm
So This Thread Is Just To Post Pictures Of Homemade Things To Make For Your Piggies ! Please Post Pictures !& Little Description (:

spy9doc
07-11-12, 03:46 pm
So This Thread Is Just To Post Pictures Of Homemade Things To Make For Your Piggies ! Please Post Pictures !& Little Description (:

Sometimes the most simple things make them happy. :cool: They seemed a bit bored with their home, so I cut out the ends of a small cardboard box to make a tunnel hut for them. It has become one of the cherished items in the cage.....and is oh, so much fun to chew.

The other favorites? Their cozies. They take turns sleeping in different ones, and absolutely go into withdrawal when it's laundry day. It's dinner time right now, so pics will have to wait for another time.

schavarry
07-11-12, 07:33 pm
Fleece forest.
Home made one:
Same home made one (just a grid and strips of fleece)

One I purchased from Penny Gigs:

My piggies LOVE their fleece forests! Use the search box to find different versions and how to make them!

monkeynthechimp
07-15-12, 03:04 am
Cuddle sack... Room for one but they insisted on sharing!
Larger cuddle sack... Room for two now they won't share ;)
Grid couch with throw cushion...
Waterproof pee pee pad for couch and lap time...

PiggyPigLover
07-15-12, 03:11 am
How did you make the pad waterproof as I've been looking for a way but no luck.

monkeynthechimp
07-15-12, 03:16 am
I bought some fabric from etsy... It's sold for making diaper covers for babies... It's a smooth cotton like fabric on the outside and rubbery waterproof in the inside... I made the other side of the pad a nice stretch cotton and lined it with an organic cotton wadding to absorb the fluid!

PiggyPigLover
07-15-12, 03:19 am
Thanks I'm off to make a pad now!

monkeynthechimp
07-15-12, 03:38 am
Good luck!!!! It's so nice not to get pee'd on! Hehehe though it is warm when fresh ;)

NarwhalsRock
07-15-12, 07:07 am
Gross... I have been peed on many times by a repeat offender, and I really need to make that pad! Up, up, and away! (To Etsy) monkeynthechimp, how much was it to make the entire pad? And about how mush was the diaper liner itself? Thanks in advance! :D

monkeynthechimp
07-20-12, 03:35 am
Gross... I have been peed on many times by a repeat offender, and I really need to make that pad! Up, up, and away! (To Etsy) monkeynthechimp, how much was it to make the entire pad? And about how mush was the diaper liner itself? Thanks in advance! :D

Ahhh it isn't cheap... I payed about $40 for four metres... But I only used half a meter to make each pad... So all up with fleece and wadding... Probably cost about $10-$15... It depends on whether you have fabric lying around or if you buy it all especially...