Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How do you clean the coroplast cages?

P

pbear8

How do you clean the coroplast cages?

I am in need of a bigger cage (getting a new pigger) and will probably, by the looks of it, try to build my own. My question is...how do you clean it? I have been looking at the pics but can''t seem to see an easy way of cleaning the cage. With the one I have now.. all I do is pick it up and dump the mess into a garbage bag. But I can't see that being done with cages like the ones on your site (which are all beautiful by the way : )

Thanks!!
Steph

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: How do you clean the coroplast cages?

For the full weekly cleaning, I use a dust pan and scoop out the old bedding into a large trash can lined with a plastic bag.

I use a wisk broom for the final brush out.

Then I have a spray bottle filled with half water, half vinegar. Squirt, squirt, squirt, wipe, wipe, wipe, replace bedding.

Pretty easy, really.

P

Pigfarmer

Re: How do you clean the coroplast cages?

Yep, that's what I do too and it's very easy. Takes less than ten minutes start to finish. I don't use a wisk broom, but whatever small amount of old bedding that is left is covered by the new bedding and will be disposed of on the next cleaning.

P

pbear8

Thanks

Thanks!!

Thought it would be more complicated for some reason : )

Thanks again!
Steph

Attachments

10620557_640120219416850_437696286668732244_n.jpg
P

PapaDean

Re: Thanks

Boy, am I happy to read this thread! MamaDean has been planning to remove the coroplast floor, take it outside, and hose it off after spraying it with dish detergent/water mix. That's the way she used to do the floor of her large dwarf hamster cage I built her. (The floor was a car driveway drip pan I got at the local autoparts store.) I had visions of Papa getting stuck with that job!

Thanks, gang!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.