Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where To Buy Accessories?

Lilathandra

Cavy Slave
I see ALOT if not all of you say do not buy from pet smart or pet co. I understand the reasoning behind it but where should I or do I buy from? I will need everything for an entire cage setup. I tend to order most items online (most of the time they are cheaper) But where can I find a store locally or online that would be a good place to buy any and or all my supplies?

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
A lot of stores such as Walmart have sections for pets where you can find some things, there are also lots of non pet selling pet stores where you can get pets, some even put a lot of the money into rescues and such.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
There are pet supply stores that don't sell animals, Amazon, and may favorite place is Etsy. Etsy has awesome cage accessories.

Mitzi_n_Pip

Cavy Slave
In my town we have a store called Pet Valu. It carries the same items that you will find at a Petco or Petsmart (sometimes more of a variety) and the store does NOT sell pets. In fact, the one in my town actually has pet adoptions held each Sunday and every week day there are foster kittens and adult cats from a local rescue at the store with a representative.

For anyone who doesn't know much about Petsmart or Petco's cruelty, visit Peta.com or do a quick google search. It will horrify you! These business should not be supported.
PetSmart Cruelty // Campaign Updates // PetSmart Store Investigation in Manchester, Connecticut, 2006-2007

Lilathandra

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look around our area and see what I can find.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.