PDA

View Full Version : Fleece My Uhaul Pads are here!! Question!

thebeachdreamer
07-10-12, 10:06 am
I received my pads yesterday and bought my fleece! I have washed and dried my fleece 3 times and am now working on the pads. I have washed and dried them one time. Do the pads need to be washed and dried 3 times like the fleece?

Thank you!

SeeSpotSit
07-10-12, 10:12 am
They do not need to be done that many times. If you are sewing liners, I would probably wash and dry on a fairly high heat to get them to shrink completely. I found one pad shrunk but another did not at one point...so I wash and dry on hot once before sewing to be sure.

Good luck!

spy9doc
07-10-12, 10:40 am
so I wash and dry on hot once before sewing to be sure.

My experience has proven to me that once is not enough.:sick: I wash and dry the pad on high/hot a couple of times. To me, it's worth it for reasonable assurance that I have reached maximum shrinkage before I go to all the extra effort in sewing the pads.

PeeweesPiggyPalace
07-10-12, 10:56 am
I agree with spy9doc.. Twice at least on the hottest settings possible. I sewed 2 layers of uhaul pad together and works great! Good luck! Can't wait to see your finished product :)

thebeachdreamer
07-10-12, 11:04 am
Unfortunately, I don't own a sewing machine. My plan is to (after shrinkage) cut 2 pads to fit the coroplast with about an inch extra all around, then place 2 pads on the bottom and put the fleece over that. My fleece will be cut to fit the bottom plus up the sides of the coroplast where it will be binder clipped. I have enough pads and fleece to make 2 sets.

Does this sound like it will work?

PeeweesPiggyPalace
07-10-12, 11:09 am
Unfortunately, I don't own a sewing machine. My plan is to (after shrinkage) cut 2 pads to fit the coroplast with about an inch extra all around, then place 2 pads on the bottom and put the fleece over that. My fleece will be cut to fit the bottom plus up the sides of the coroplast where it will be binder clipped. I have enough pads and fleece to make 2 sets.

Does this sound like it will work?

Sounds like a good plan for ya :-)29995

Kota12
07-10-12, 11:34 am
Did you just order them from a website or what? I'd like to know so when I go to purchase them.

thebeachdreamer
07-10-12, 11:50 am
Uhaul.com They are 7.95 and you can have them shipped for free to you local store or I bought 3 and a tie down rope that I needed anyway which made it $25+ so they shipped to my home for free!

thebeachdreamer
07-10-12, 11:51 am
Sounds like a good plan for ya :-)29995

Your cage looks great! It really makes me wish I could sew!

Kota12
07-10-12, 02:03 pm
Thanks thebeachdreamer