Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C cage designs?

Gullik
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I would do the 2x5, bigger is better. I can't fit a 2x5 in my room so I have a 2x4 with a 2x1 L shape cage. So it is the same size as a 2x5 just not in a straight line. DSC02240.jpg

Gullik

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are thousands of cage designs in the photo galleries on this site.

GPs do fine with air conditioning and ceiling fans -- there are both in the room my pigs live in.

But if you've got a snuffly pig, or one that you can hear breathing, you need to take him to the vet. Things can go wrong with GPs very quickly, and a bad upper respiratory infection can kill a pig in less than a day.

Gullik

lissie

Cavy Slave
okay i just realized when he sleeps / just lays down you cant hear him breathe only when hes looking for something u hear a slight sound and the otherone is fine, and sometimes both of them have eyeboogers i just wipe out of the way like humans.
Eye boogers and heavy breathing is a sign of URI. Please take your pig to a vet.
https://www.guinealynx.info/uri.html

As for the cage pics, see this link.
Guinea pig photos and cage photos for guinea pigs - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

Gullik

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Go to the main forum page and pick the forum you want to add a thread to. Click on the forum, and at the top of the page there's a button that says "Post New Thread."

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
Even if they've seemed to have stopped, bring them to the vet. Guinea Pigs can hide their symptoms very well.

If you don't already have a vet, go back in time and price shop using the phone book. I just went down the list, and said "Hi, I have a guinea pig, and was wondering how much it would cost to get an exam." If they treat them, ask how much experience the vet has with GPs. I almost went to a vet that charged me $60 PER PIG and barely saw them. But using that way, I now have a vet that charges $45 a pig and will give me a discount if I bring them both in.

It seems like a waste of time, but totally worth it especially if money is tight. It can't hurt.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I second that, the pig really should go to the vet even if the symptoms have stopped. A URI can and will kill your pigs. As for a cage design, go as big as you possibly can. I've rearranged my room 3 times to finally find what will work for my cage.

Gullik
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.