Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm a new member to the forum.

Seagerjil

Cavy Slave
Hello to all! I have been using this sight for some time, but have only just recently decided to register. I have found this sight to be a wealth of information and am in the process of building my first guinea pig cage! :) I get my coroplast sheet tomorrow and can't wait to get it finished and get them into their new home. I have two 6 week old male teddy bear gp named Castor and Pollux.

Belas.human.mom

Cavy Slave
Welcome! As a new guinea pig owner myself I was just as excited as you! When my grid panels came in the mail Saturday I literally rushed home and cleared my whole schedule that day to dedicate to the cage. I have been fabric shopping like crazy and now I'm even looking everywhere for ideas to put in the cage. keep us posted and I have learned everyone loves pics around here! Good luck with your boys!
2012-06-28_14-47-31_47-1.jpg here's my Bela baby.

Seagerjil

Cavy Slave
Thanks Belas.human.mom! I've actually owned 5 guinea pigs prior to these two. I had a gap of many years between my 4th and 5th pigs (Simon and Ronan). They are a lot of fun and very sweet. I'll get picutures posted once I get their cage completed. I think it looks similar to posting pics on FB, so I think I can do it.

Seagerjil

Cavy Slave
Oh, I forgot to include my suggestion for the cage. While I was in Home Depot getting parts and pieces, I walked through the plumbing isle. All those pipes and connectors (that allow 3 or 4 pipes to be joined) with a wide variety of diameters, should make wonderful tunnels for them to play in. I plan on getting that garden fencing to make the indoor play pen area with a plastic covered by a some of the polar fleece for the floor.

guineapigzrock

Cavy Slave
welcome 2 the forum! good luck with the cage!!!:eek::D:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.