PDA

View Full Version : Fleece Manipulative piggie at work messing up her fleece!

skittyginny
07-07-12, 11:23 am
I have a girlie, and well, she likes to mess up her fleece and when I notice she looks at me like, "HA HA, look what I did, next time get me my noms faster!" :mad: I swear it's manipulative behavior! My rats never did that, they'd do it because they liked to burrow under it.

I must combat this! But how? What has worked for you?

MrWhistles
07-07-12, 11:57 am
How do you have your fleece fastened currently?

Onetwo
07-07-12, 12:06 pm
Does she have a place she CAN burrow? Like a fleece forest, a snuggle tunnel or something...

Try placing heavy objects in every corner (ceramic bowl in one, 12 inch tile (for veggies and cooling off in the summer) in another and so on...

Might have to switch to a kind of fleece that goes OVER the edges of the coro so she cannot burrow under it....

PeeweesPiggyPalace
07-07-12, 12:09 pm
This is what I had to do..29816

skittyginny
07-07-12, 12:37 pm
How do you have your fleece fastened currently?

I don't..

drgraves2
07-07-12, 05:50 pm
i too had a cage destroying pig. Abby-tude at its best. I finally fasted the fleece down and also anything that could be moved was or chewed on. I had to make everything safe to chew on and destroy proof. Then to keep her distraced i gave her empty cardboard boxes that food producats came in to destroy and it worked to make a tired piggy and a clean cage not too badlly destroyed.
29818 that was taken a year ago before i went to a cc cage i had a custom wood cage about 20 square feet. its easiter to keep a cleaner cage no so badly messed up with a cc cage,

trexgorawrrrrr
07-07-12, 06:04 pm
I have bricks in the corners of my girl's cage, and for my more difficult boys there are a couple of bricks along the sides too.

You can sort of see bricks in this photo. Works perfectly.

HappyHopperz
07-07-12, 07:48 pm
I use white tiles to hold my fleece down, and it provides a cool place for them to sit on during hot summer days. :)

schavarry
07-07-12, 08:08 pm
I have bricks in the corners of my girl's cage, and for my more difficult boys there are a couple of bricks along the sides too.

You can sort of see bricks in this photo. Works perfectly.

Your cage looks awesome, and I love that you have shelves on the sides too!! How did you get the bottom of the upper cage to hold up with the connector holding the shelf on the outside?

PS. I love your user name! lol LOL

MrWhistles
07-08-12, 01:39 pm
OP, I highly suggest laying your fleece like peeweestephs/add binder clips onto the sides

trexgorawrrrrr
08-03-12, 04:23 pm
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm not on here as often as I should be!

Thanks for the compliments, the cage organization is not actually attached to the side of my cage... it's just sitting there next to it. I actually used the cubes for once how they're supposed to be used LOL

And thanks, most people are confused by it! lol

lifesvr7
09-24-12, 12:14 pm
I hear bricks work great for under water bottles too (to absorb the water drips). I have not tried it yet but bought a brick yesterday to put in the new cage Im building. I think I will be wrapping mine Im fleece to wick the water down and most importantly, so it looks cute!

MrWhistles
09-24-12, 02:33 pm
Korra has started to dig up fleece. I am thinking it maybe any attention thing because she only does it when I am around. HOWEVER, i have noticed corner fleece hidys have helped to tone it down. Here is a picture:
A corner fleece hidy requires 1 fleece triangle, 1 grid bent at 4 squares/zip tied into a corner. 1, 2 or 3 fleece scraps clipped to the bent fleece to give more of a fleece cave feeling. Optional is a fleece scrap to nibble and snuggle with.
At 1st it was just 1 fleece corner. But the girls loved it so much they fought over it. So I made another.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/310501_2416219462052_1668076018_n.jpg

Bailey4
09-24-12, 02:38 pm
I secure mine with binder clips. The fleece goes over the edge and the binder clips just keep it in place