PDA

View Full Version : C&C Coroplast and Fleece

CKraus
07-06-12, 04:04 pm
Ok so I built my 2x4 c&c cage but how do I incorporate the fleece without them borrowing? also should I put like an extra towel or something under where they will be peeing the most ie the hidey hole.

RodentCuddles
07-06-12, 04:09 pm
What I do is I tuck the fleece over the side of the cage; My girl REALLY use to love to dig under the fleece it drove me insane!
I just have one girl who goes to the toilet in kitchen area so the fleece doesn't get poo or pee on it so I only put two towels under it; how many guinea pigs do you have? (This is a week after I cleaned it):

CKraus
07-06-12, 04:17 pm
Getting my second one tomorrow. You made me realize I needed to get a second one :P

RodentCuddles
07-06-12, 04:22 pm
You'll need to have at least 2 fleeces; so when one is in the wash you can use the other one.
Hehe, I have 3 different fleeces I just brought a cute pink one! It'll match her tunnel!

CKraus
07-06-12, 04:23 pm
I had to buy fleece cloth because I couldnt find blankets.. so I bought 3 yards... thoughts?

RodentCuddles
07-06-12, 04:25 pm
My fleece part of my girl's cage is a 2x4 and I buy 2 meters so there is a bit to spare. 3 yards = 2.7 meters.

CKraus
07-06-12, 04:26 pm
so I prolly need to go and buy another 3 yards? how often do you wash it.. and what do you wash it with.. or does it matter?

RodentCuddles
07-06-12, 04:28 pm
Yes or you could buy 2 and a half yards. I wash my boy's cages' fleece once a week. I'm not sure what I use to wash it as my mum washes it, sorry! (:

CKraus
07-06-12, 04:29 pm
so what I mean is standard clothing soap is prolly fine :P

schavarry
07-06-12, 04:48 pm
so what I mean is standard clothing soap is prolly fine :P

You want to use something like All free and clear (http://all-laundry.com/freeclear/) - you don't want dyes or scents on your piggie's fleece. Also you do NOT want to use fabric softener of any kind, (dryer sheets, liquid, etc.)

If all else fails you can wash it with vinegar and nothing else, which is probably cheaper and healthier. You want to wash your fleece 3 times before you use them and test to be sure they'll absorb water before using them. Don't forget to put something else underneath your fleece to absorb the urine!

CKraus
07-06-12, 04:54 pm
like a towel? I thought the point of the fleece was to absorb the urine loll...
I bought 3 yards of fleece 100% polyeester from walmart and I just tested it under water and it already absorbs water.. is that normal? lool

PeeweesPiggyPalace
07-06-12, 04:57 pm
like a towel? I thought the point of the fleece was to absorb the urine loll...
I bought 3 yards of fleece 100% polyeester from walmart and I just tested it under water and it already absorbs water.. is that normal? lool

The towels absorb the urine.. The fleece wicks it and should stay "mostly" dry..

CKraus
07-06-12, 05:00 pm
oh I see clever