Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps n00b help, ramp plans?

chameleon

Cavy Slave
DSCF8857.jpg

Righty, what I need to know is if it's gonna be worthwhile adding material inside these tubes, whether it be shed/hutch felt, or something else to act as traction, or if the plan of using tubes isn't going to work at all xD

Has anyone else used tubes to act as a ramp? I had no spare coroplast to use as a ramp, and if needs be, I can always find some wood. BUT as I had these spare tubes lying around, I thought I'd try that first~

chameleon

Cavy Slave
bumpity ​bump

lissie

Cavy Slave
The tubes look small. What's the diameter? If your pig is a baby, it could work. For full grown pigs, try something that's at least 6" wide.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Are those hideys hamster size? They look so small. Do your piggies fit in there?

chameleon

Cavy Slave
The tubes look small. What's the diameter? If your pig is a baby, it could work. For full grown pigs, try something that's at least 6" wide.
Hmm.. just measured it there, they're 4.5 inches but saying that, that's the same height as the cabin doors height, I guess I'll have to wait until I get my pig or two to find out. Although I will make an alternative ramp incase the tubes do turn out to be too small ><

Are those hideys hamster size? They look so small. Do your piggies fit in there?
The cabins are guinea pig sized, there is a hamster version for that type aswell though, but this is definitely the guinea pig one (reviews on the product suggested that there was plenty of room for 2 piggies) And I have no piggies as of yet! That's why I'm tryna get as much advice as I can for now xD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.