Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! First Time Guinea Pig Owner Here!

theratwhisperer

Cavy Slave
Hi there! My name is Shawna. I am best known around the internet as "The Rat Whisperer" for my passion for fancy rats. However, my interests aren't limited to just rats- I also LOVE guinea pigs! Our family recently acquired two guinea pigs within the last couple months and while I had all the knowledge about guinea pigs, I haven't had the experience with them yet! Anyhow, here are our cuties, Ginger and Meep. We purchased Meep first, from a petstore. She is still such a little thing. Ginger was adopted off Craigslist- her previous owner, a super sweet girl, was preparing for college this fall and wanted to see her go to a good home. You can tell Ginger is/was a spoiled princess! After a few days of slow introductions, we now have both piggies together and they are fast becoming good friends. Meep gets very offended/upset whenever we take Ginger out of the cage without her! Ginger is still getting used to not being the only piggy in the house, but she is doing great! I am excited to learn even more about these fascinating creatures as well as steal some great ideas for their C&C cage which I hope to construct soon.
gingerpage.jpg
meeppage.jpg

vania

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your pigs are very cute and those pictures look great!

peacheshershey

Cavy Slave
Welcome . I love your piggies. I like the name Meep too.

theratwhisperer

Cavy Slave
Thanks! It was their first official "photo session", LOL!
Its amazing how much easier it is to take photographs of piggies than rats!

jm_1234

Cavy Slave
Welcome :) Ginger is a gorgeous girl! She look similar to my piggie La La. I agree, Meep is an adorable name.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.