Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My piggie fell help!

ragnar588

Cavy Slave
my piggie cevvy fell about 3 feet today he seems to be okay he got up and ran away i found him and put him in his cage with porky (other piggie) and he ran to his hide away i left him for about 10 min then came back and took a close look he looked okay and he is running around
DO U THINK HE IS OKAY???? help please im very sad and i feel so bad :(

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Did he fall on wood, tile, linoleum, or carpet? Did he fall off of something or out of your hands? If you asked 10 people how long three feet was by eyeballing it, you'd get 10 different answers.

I am unsure if 36 inches is enough to cause internal damage.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
There is no way for us to know if he is ok or not, the only way to be 100% sure would be to take him to the vet. Piggies tend to hide their injuries/sickness. Check his teeth to make sure they didn't break. Even though their teeth will grow back, if they are chipped or broke he may not be able to eat and they could also grow back wrong. I hope your piggie is doing ok, please keep us updated.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
depending how he fell, and what he landed on. If it was carpet it won't be as bad as something like tile.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
How exactly did he end up falling 3 feet?

vania

Cavy Slave
That seems like a real tough fall for a piggie:/ But if him still running around is good news, however you might not fully be sure if he's completely okay unless he gets taken to the vet.

ragnar588

Cavy Slave
Hey fell off my table and it was onto wood flooring but he is eating and running lol

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
A table is probably higher than three feet unless it was a coffee table. Maybe not, though.

As long as you don't see any change in behavior I wouldn't worry too much, but at the first sign of something abnormal, take him to a Cavy savvy veterinarian please!

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
yes, I second that. Watch and see, if he seems off at all a trip to the vet is important.

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
if hes out. He should always be supervised so things like this dont happen, especially if he is somewhere he could fall and get hurt. Watch him closely if anything changes get him to the vet!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.