Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Cage Positioning

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
The only place I can fit a C&C in is by a radiator. Is this going to cause problems in the winter or when the heating is on?

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc
Well I have 2 radiators at opposite ends of the room, so it's a bit difficult. I expected that'd be the reply, but I wanted to make sure.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
You know, having spent some time in the UK, I remember how stifling the radiator heat can be in the winter. I live in the Northeast here in the US and our home, which was built in 1923, has radiator heat as well.

Because our house is small, I too struggle with a place to put my cavy cage. I had to move my desk farther from the wall and move myself closer to the radiator for the sake of my babies. I toyed with the idea of trying to use a radiator cover to see if that would work, but the area near the radiator was still too warm and when the radiators aren't on, the nearby windows too cold.

My piggies live in my home office, and one of my solutions was to keep the radiators barely on and to use an energy-sparing portable heater to keep that room comfortable enough for the piggies at night. During the day I wear warmer clothes so as to try to keep the temperature in that room relatively constant so that the cavies are not subject to extremes of temperatures.

The whole warm/cool dilemma is one of the reasons I'm happy with medium-long hair cavies. I briefly considered getting a pair of skinnies, but soon tossed that idea aside. Better to have a natural fur coat in our climates, eh?
Haha, thanks for the advice. lol I'll have to try and look for another option.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.