Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Coughing My Prim started coughing this morning?

mjlesy

Cavy Slave
This morning as I sat watching my piggies enjoy their veggies, I noticed that Prim had started coughing. At first I thought she was just choking a bit on her food as she was eating pretty quickly. But then she started to cough even when she wasn't eating. Everything else is normal. She's eating and drinking, peeing and pooping. She's even running around and playing with her cage-mates. Just wondering if I should be worried? Should I call the vet and see if this is something that she should be brought in for? She doesn't seem to be coughing all the time. Just once and a while. But I don't know for certain as I'm not always in the same room with her all the time. What are your thoughts? Perhaps I should put her into quarantine until we know why she's coughing?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
It's possible that she has something stuck. Are you weighing her? I'd monitor her closely for awhile. No need to quarantine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.