Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Sydney- Grids found $7

Robert_AUS

Cavy Slave
Bunnings North Parramatta 2152 have the Grids in packs of 5 (1 storage cube) for $7.00. That's half their regular price. I just left there, they have 8 packs left, maybe more stored elsewhere.
These Grids are the 9x9 grid in white. The holes are 1.5x1.5 inch.

Just thought I'd let people know.

Rob.

Haymonster

Cavy Slave
Thanks!

Are these the regular IBEX cubes, or another brand? I wonder if other Bunnings also have them on special...

Robert_AUS

Cavy Slave
Thanks!

Are these the regular IBEX cubes, or another brand? I wonder if other Bunnings also have them on special...

The brand is ALL SET
I went to Bunnings Seven hills and they had them at $13.98.
North Parramatta have them on clearance sale, for how long, I don't know.
Worth a look if you're looking.
GRID 1.jpgGRID 2.jpg

Haymonster

Cavy Slave
I'm always looking :).

Sorry to be a pain, but are you able to tell me if they're plastic coated or powder coated? The powder coated ones are completely solid (and pigs can't chew the coating off!) but the plastic ones sort of have more "give" in them. I only ask because I don't really live near Parramatta, but I would go there for powder coated grids, particularly half price ones!

Thank you so much for posting about this, and sorry to keep asking questions!

Robert_AUS

Cavy Slave
I'm always looking :).

Sorry to be a pain, but are you able to tell me if they're plastic coated or powder coated? The powder coated ones are completely solid (and pigs can't chew the coating off!) but the plastic ones sort of have more "give" in them. I only ask because I don't really live near Parramatta, but I would go there for powder coated grids, particularly half price ones!

Thank you so much for posting about this, and sorry to keep asking questions!
Damn, they're plastic coated. I didn't think about that.
Lucky I didn't get too many...

Last edited:

Haymonster

Cavy Slave
Powder coated is really hard to find. I bought a few packets of rubbermaid ones when Bunnings had them in, but otherwise everything I've found is plastic coated. They only had the rubbermaid ones in for a couple of months a few years ago.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Damn, they're plastic coated. I didn't think about that.
Luck I didn't get too many...

Build your coroplast base a little higher and they probably won't climb to chew on it. My 2x5 has 7 3/4" sides and my 2x4 has 6" sides. The taller sides are so much better. The 6" have chew marks on the top of the coroplast while the 7 3/4 sides don't. I like the way it looks better, too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.