Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury noticed blood on a bell pepper after he nibbled

Charlene

Cavy Slave
I was wondering what could be wrong with him. I am not sure if maybe he cut himself on his chew toys are not. It's not a lot of blood i just noticed it after he nibbled his bell pepper (its a yellow one and had red on it afterwards) I am not noticing any in the cage or draining from his mouth i have not pulled his gums back to see (he was hungry i thought i'd let him finish his food first. He's not acting any different them normal. any ideas?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Teeth can sometimes get spur-like projections on them, which could cut a lip. The spurs usually happen on the back teeth, but I suppose it's possible they could occur on the front.

I'd examine him carefully after he eats, and then watch carefully over the next day or so to make sure he's eating normally. If not, a vet visit would be in order, but pick one with some dental experience.

What part of Texas are you in?

Charlene

Cavy Slave
I just finished checking it seems to be up at the top in between his front two teeth. I'm thinking he bit it or the chew toy nicked it. It has clotted and he has been eating but i will deff. be keeping an eye on him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.