Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bunk bed Cage Idea

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
I have an old loft bed. I don't usually use the loft of it so I was wondering.... Could I use it for a piggie cage? The way I would attempt to do this is I would take my coro, cut and re score it (And tape it if need be) to the size of the loft bed (43 in. by 77 in approx a 3x6) and put down bedding. THe loft bed is wood but nothing exposed (No corners of rounded edges they are able to nibble on. I wouldn't use any cubes for this. Would it work? Also I could use fleece to cover the wood if need be and as bedding too for easier clean-up.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
How high are the loft walls?

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
About a foot, in one area (Near the ladder) they are 1/2 a foot but I planned on covering that.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
I'm just wondering, are CC cages also suited for outside? Obviously I would have a closed one but I'd put it in a courtyard sort of place with tiles.
I saw the bunkbed cage! It's so cool.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
The Magic Taco said:
I'm just wondering, are CC cages also suited for outside? Obviously I would have a closed one but I'd put it in a courtyard sort of place with tiles.
I saw the bunkbed cage! It's so cool.

I don't believe C&C's are suitable for outdoors because as Teresa said once, they will not hold up to something like a blood thirsty dog.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
It really depends on where you live - I have a C&C pen for outside and I don't have any predators so I'm ok. You may have whatever you have in Austrailia that can uplift the cage and get to the pigs.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I think most places in the world have cats, dogs, and birds. Not to mention wild animals of one type or another. Therefore a pen outside with close supervision ok, permanent set up outside not ok.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.