PDA

View Full Version : Adopt 2 lovable, cuddly cavy babies for adoption in Winkler, Manitoba

mjlesy
06-13-12, 05:35 pm
Hi there! When I got my two girls, Rue and Prim, they both came to me pregnant (I did not know it at the time) I had gotten them from a breeder who decided to "get rid" of them because they just weren't getting pregnant :( Rue had a baby girl on May 26, and Prim gave birth to what I believe to be a girl and a boy on June 10th. I am looking to adopt out 2 of these babies. I just can't care for 5 cavies, though I would just love to keep them all. They would be ready to go the week of July 1st. I am asking a small fee of $25 per pup, and ask that they go to loving homes. You will be asked some basic questions about guinea pig care, as I want these precious babies to be part of a loving family. :o Please feel free to e-mail me for more pictures or any questions that you may have. I will be more than happy to help you get ready for these adorable babies, should you decide to adopt them, by giving you suggestions and answering any questions that you may have to the best of my ability. They do not come with any supplies. My e-mail address is [email protected] and my phone number is (204) 822-6676.
The first picture is of the female born in May, (she loves sitting on top of mom!) :heart:and the second picture is of the female and male born in June.

ellisa
06-13-12, 05:39 pm
Oh, man. I'm in Brandon. If I had room I would take a pup! Sadly, I don't. I hope you find great homes for all of them. I think I've heard about the breeder you got your girls from. If it's the guy I'm thinking of I see him listing ads on websites all the time. I wish there was some way I could stop him.

Good luck finding homes for the pups!

mjlesy
06-13-12, 05:56 pm
I have to say it's so good to know someone from close by! I'm originally from Melita - do you know where that is? I know what you mean about the breeder - I see his ads all the time! He offered to take the babies back - but I know all he wants to do is to breed the females...and I don't want that for my babies! He never fed them veggies, as my girls didn't eat them when they came to me. When I went to his house, he had cages piled up on each other, and though he only had two pigs in each cage - most of them were male/female pairings. I am so happy to have my girls out of there! They are over a year old now, and from what I've read it's dangerous for a sow that age to give birth. I had many a sleepless night wondering when my girls would give birth and if they would survive.
Thank you for your well wishes! I hope I can find a good home for my babies too! :D

ellisa
06-13-12, 06:04 pm
I'm originally from Calgary AB and moved to Brandon 3 years ago. I know of Melita but have never been there yet! It is very nice to see someone else from MB on here! I don't think there are very many of us! lol

go_ellie
06-13-12, 06:43 pm
Oh, they are adorable!! If Ilived near you I would take one!! Oh my gosh, they are two cute!!

jade_14
06-13-12, 09:58 pm
If you were on the East Coast I would definitely be interested! I hope you have good luck finding homes! They're adorable :)