PDA

View Full Version : Fleece i might have jumped the gun.....

geo13
06-13-12, 07:30 am
so in expanding the boys cage i completely did not consider the fact that i had already sewn liners only for my 2x4 with a2x2 loft. so its changing day and guess what?
i only have 1 2x4 fleece left over!!! everything else is either in the cage or dirty :-\
so now i'm stuck thinking i have to run to Joannes to begin the horrid fleece sewing again. BUT i wanted to ask for some ideas or advise on bedding options.
what do you guys thing of maybe making the living area all fleece and the kitchen area carefresh or wood shavings? also i'm debating the way the cage is set up should i maybe expand wider and not leave it long the way is. possibly supposedly the bigger the cage the less the smell, wool not in this case for some reason the smell is way more. here's a picture of the cage let me know what you guys think, should I change any thing around. any body have any bedding ideas as far as using 2 different ones. thanks in z Note: I cut the middle piece of the kitchen area out so its a little step without the middle coroplast. thanks in advance

geo13
06-13-12, 07:42 am
maybe put the kitchen by the back wall and leave the side piece a free running 2X6??

pinky
06-13-12, 07:46 am
I'd put the kitchen on the shorter 2 x 2 end that sticks out and leave the long 2x 6 area as one long section and take out the divider. That will give them a long space to run laps and give them a separate kitchen area. I used to have a kitchen with regular bedding in it and it worked fine. I had a 2 x 6 and the kitchen was a 2 x 1. The bedding would get carried on the fleece sometimes. If you use something like unscented Yesterday's News in the kitchen, it's heavier and won't get carried out of the kitchen if you add a coroplast "tray" in that section.

pinky
06-13-12, 07:46 am
maybe put the kitchen by the back wall and leave the side piece a free running 2X6??

You added your comment while I was typing. I agree.

geo13
06-13-12, 07:59 am
I'd put the kitchen on the shorter 2 x 2 end that sticks out and leave the long 2x 6 area as one long section and take out the divider. That will give them a long space to run laps and give them a separate kitchen area. I used to have a kitchen with regular bedding in it and it worked fine. I had a 2 x 6 and the kitchen was a 2 x 1. The bedding would get carried on the fleece sometimes. If you use something like unscented Yesterday's News in the kitchen, it's heavier and won't get carried out of the kitchen if you add a coroplast "tray" in that section.

i actually use yesterdays news in the litter pans , should I fill up the kitchen with it?
i thought 2 x1 kitchen would have been to small for 3 boys what do you think?

pinky
06-13-12, 08:29 am
i actually use yesterdays news in the litter pans , should I fill up the kitchen with it?
i thought 2 x1 kitchen would have been to small for 3 boys what do you think?

I'd do a 2 x 2. They usually eat where they poop so it would be easier to clean in there if you use Yesterday's News in there. I also really like Fresh News Bedding which is less expensive than Carefresh and not as hard as Yesterdays News but harder than Carefresh. Sun Seed is another good one.

geo13
06-15-12, 07:26 am
okay so i rearranged it and i love it not to mention I got some happy piggies!!!
i love the idea of a huge litter box it encourages them to pee and Poo there and they barely pooped on the fleece!! 28458

jm_1234
06-15-12, 08:09 am
Your cage looks awesome! What spoiled little piggies you have :)

geo13
06-15-12, 08:30 am
Your cage looks awesome! What spoiled little piggies you have :)

thank you:)

pinky
06-15-12, 03:53 pm
okay so i rearranged it and i love it not to mention I got some happy piggies!!!
i love the idea of a huge litter box it encourages them to pee and Poo there and they barely pooped on the fleece!! 28458

It looks really nice!!!

geo13
06-15-12, 04:29 pm
thanks they really love and the smell is down by like half!!!!

schavarry
06-15-12, 10:35 pm
I really like how you re-arranged your cage!! Yay for happy piggies, do we get to see pigtures of your boys?