Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Coroplast in the uk, very cheap!!

mikey1990

Cavy Slave
ok, so maybe this should be a sticky thread for our UK member's finding it hard like me to find and build there c&c cages.

i bought my c&c cubes from grendle enterprises. cost me £41 and i built my 2x4 cage out of it and i have still got 6 cubes left over to build onto if i have too.

now this was my hardest part of building my cage, i have searched and searched for correx in the uk, i could find it online easy enough, but after paying for carraige and for it to be cut to size for me it was costing a small fortune, sometimes this may be a little out of budget for some people like it was for me. So i rang about my local sign maker shop's, as suggested by one of the topics on here, did i get any luck? the answer is NO!! i rang b&q, wickes and all the big named builder's merchants that i knew, because they should do it as they use it for floor protection in building? but NOPE, made my matter's even harder!!

I then rang my packaging company that we use for work to get out tape from, as i am very friendly with the owner i asked her if she had any correx, with a reply i was hoping for was YES we do it its 2mm and its 8x4, absolute perfect for my c&c infact the size that i wanted!! now for the price, i thought it was going to be expensive, but if it was 15£ i would of paid it and picked it up as its across the road from work.

Price for a 8x4 black sheet of correx is £3.50 inc VAT, absolute bargain in my opinion. so happy that i can now finish my cage off and i thought i would share this with you all, as ino how hard it is to source this stuff from the uk!!

jussiecar

Cavy Slave
So who does the correx? :)

mikey1990

Cavy Slave
sorry its a company in my town called lancopak. but im sure other packing companies sell it for alot cheaper than ebay or sign companies :)

jussiecar

Cavy Slave
No need to say sorry! Thankyou thats really helpful, ill have to try track down some local package companys in liverpool hehe

mikey1990

Cavy Slave
not a problem, i just know how hard it is to get hold of this stuff in the uk !

jussiecar

Cavy Slave
Tell me about it :( i tried b&q but they only had really thick clear correx for roofs which was like £20 for a little sheet! Post a picture of your cage :D

Peruvian Lover

Cavy Slave
this is really helpfull thanks:)

AilsaStockwell

Cavy Slave
@mikey1990 , go over to Guinea Pig Cages, Care, Shelters, Veterinarians - Guinea Pig Zone and list this source over there. There's a searchable database for grids and coroplast, and it'll be more accessible to everyone there. That site is optimized for search engines, and they're more likely to find the info there than here.

Thanks.

I don't know if I'm just being stupid (quite likely!) but everything on there has to be shipped to us from the US, which is REALLY expensive! have i missed a tick-box somewhere to search for UK suppliers or something? I found some a while back, but want to extend and renew what I have, and now I can't find it ANYWHERE! I'm in Hampshire...anyone?

lissie

Cavy Slave
I don't know if I'm just being stupid (quite likely!) but everything on there has to be shipped to us from the US, which is REALLY expensive! have i missed a tick-box somewhere to search for UK suppliers or something? I found some a while back, but want to extend and renew what I have, and now I can't find it ANYWHERE! I'm in Hampshire...anyone?

The zone site has a database for supplies, and also has the store. For you to find the supplies, click on "Supplies" then choose "Coroplast" from the menu.

The store is located in US, shipping would be expensive.

AilsaStockwell

Cavy Slave
Phew! I found it on amazon in the end, free postage too! thanks for the help though!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.