Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Guinea pig Owner

Kodey90311

Cavy Slave
Hello my name is Nata and my guinea pig name is Kodey (9 month). I love this little boy to death every time before i go to school he looks at me and is just waiting for me to say morning, and when i come back from classes he gets super hyper. Don't get me wrong my boyfriend looks after him when im not there, but kodey knows when mommy is home :). So im currently on a search to find him a new brother :):love:

from Nata and Kodey:love:

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing Kodey with us.

Do you have a C&C cage?

Kodey90311

Cavy Slave
im currently looking at some, but my budget is pretty low

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
im currently looking at some, but my budget is pretty low

their super easy to make/at a pretty cheap price compared to your $100 some odd pet store cage. My 2x4 C&C with grid stand/loft cost me $80 all together
it is MUCH bigger than your after pet store cage.

Pigtures is a must here ;)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You can often find grids on Craigslist or other free sites, and you can get sometimes get coroplast from sign shops that have misprinted them and are throwing them away.

Kodey90311

Cavy Slave
their super easy to make/at a pretty cheap price compared to your $100 some odd pet store cage. My 2x4 C&C with grid stand/loft cost me $80 all together
it is MUCH bigger than your after pet store cage.

Pigtures is a must here ;)

I was looking at some early, butim not in no rush to get one until i can get the money then im willing to spoil him, college student and im always broke lol

EverGreenly

Cavy Slave
Check out Amazon, they have a Midwest Guinea Pig Habitat for only $34. I just got one for my pig Walter and he LOVES it. He's been wheeking and popcorning for the last hour.

Pepperpiggie

Cavy Slave
I got my piggie (pepper) about a week ago and she is in a small cage ( she is only 4 weeks old) I am going to get her a friend soon, is a c&c cage a good idea??

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I am going to get her a friend soon, is a c&c cage a good idea??

Definitely! I think anyone here will tell you the same. A C&C cage is head & shoulders above a petstore cage. It's bigger which means it's cleaner and easier to clean, less smelly and less expensive to get.

It allows your pigs to exercise on THEIR time, not yours. Petstore cages are glorified litter boxes because it forces them to eat, potty and sleep all in the same little area.

This is especially true if you are thinking of getting your pig a friend. For two females, a 2X4 is a great C&C cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.