Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

second level???

K

krazed kris

second level???

I just went out today and bought the cubes...now I'm sitting here planning how to make my cage. What I was wondering is do the pigs need a second floor? Do they usually like them?? I'm just wondering because I bought 2 packages of cubes but I wanted to make sure I had enough to make a playpen also. I have 2 pigs and hope to get at least one more so I'm trying to count out the grids to see if I have enough for the cage, playpen and second level. What do you guys think????? Help me please!!!

Kristina

O

originalfirefly

Re: second level???

I have been thinking of installing a 2nd level to my pig's cage. From what I understand, some pigs like them, some don't. If it came down to a choice between a 2nd level or playpen, I vote playpen! :) Piggies will probably enjoy that more! Or you could do a short 2nd level. Have some cubes on one end of the cage width wise (so if you were going to have a 2X4, the 2nd level would be on one end of the cage and would be a size of 1X2).

Just some thoughts. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, take a look at some pics on the cavycages site. I'm sure there are some examples in there!

Miriam

K

krazed kris

Thank-you for the response....I'm going to make a 2 X 5 cage as I hope to get another pig in the future. I wanted to make a 2 X 2 second level but had to make it like you said a 1 X 2. It's a small second level but the playpen is 3 x 4 , do you think that's big enough for them??

Kristina

Attachments

20140812_053838_resized.jpg 20140812_053912_resized.jpg 20140812_053943_resized.jpg 20140812_054026_resized.jpg
O

originalfirefly

Sounds big to me! :) Can you get in it with them? I like to sit in the pen with them and play with them during floor time. It also helps your pigs to get to know you! :) There is a section on floor time on the cavy cages site ((broken link removed) You might check it out for some ideas!

Miriam

Attachments

IMG_6361.jpg IMG_5946.jpg
K

krazed kris

Yes I can fit in it. I like to sit with them too when their out. They love their new cage and playpen very, very much. Although They haven't figured out the second level yet. I haven't forced them up. I wanted them to get familiar with the cage and playpen first. Thank-you for your help!!

Kristina

O

originalfirefly

Glad its going well! :)

Miriam

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.