Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives i could scream!! please please please help me :'(

abi.25

Cavy Slave
im so so so frustrated!:mad:
so, i decided to adopt another piggie and have been out to buy EVERYHTING he could possibly need(despite me having half of it already:eek: lol) anyway, ive been sewing the velcro to his fleece to prevent him digging underneith it(the others are awful for that:crazy:) anyway, ITS NOT WORKED:mad:

i sewed the velcro straight on but the fleece stretched so is too big, i unpicked it and measured the velcro so it would stop the fleece stretching but its still too big:mad:, what am i doing wrong:confused:?

please please help me ahah

also how do i tech him to use the ramp:p?

thankyouuu:heart::heart:

abi.25

Cavy Slave
bump:heart:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
[MENTION=22485]abi.25[/MENTION], if you want someone to help you, you need to state clearly what the problem is. We have no idea where you're sewing velcro, or to what, or what the fleece is too large for. We don't know what your cage looks like. A picture of the cage and of the problems you're having would be a big help.

To teach him to use the ramp, make sure that it is not slippery, and not too steep. It will also help to cover it with something, like fleece draped over it, or a shoebox.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Ditto what bpatters said. Do you have a picture of the whole thing? What kind of liner are you trying to sew? How good are your sewing skills?

Fleece is a stretchy material. It can be difficult for some people to sew. Lots of pins usually helps. Not pulling the fabric through the pressure foot also reduces stretch. If you are trying to sew Velcro to an already made liner and it is becoming too difficult or beyond your skills I would try to find some iron-on Velcro. Keep your iron set on low because fleece will also melt if it gets too hot (as will Velcro).

Try Googling some fleece sewing tips to make it easier and less stretchy.

pinky

Cavy Slave
When I sewed velcro to my fleece pads, I didn't sew it across the whole side. I sewed a few smaller pieces of velcro on each piece that would attach to the other piece. I used velcro to connect my ramp fleece to the fleece in my upper level. Since I was sewing the velcro to fleece pads, the fleece didn't stretch.

cibrown

Cavy Slave
You can also get stick on velcro. I think some people on here have mentioned using the paper clamps. The name has left me. They are usually black and triangle with metal to open the triangle.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.