Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Trouble handling lino

M

Maren

Trouble handling lino

Phew!! Has anyone out there made their habitat with lino? I'm finding it really hard to handle. It wont sit neatly in the corners. Is there some technique with cutting it or something. The pictures on the lino cage site all look so neat. I'm having a really hard time getting the lino to fit properly into the cage as it is so hard to get it to sit it as a rectangle. Help!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: Trouble handling lino

he, he, he. I was remembering me getting gigundo sheets of linoleum to work. I was like the three stooges all wrapped up into one! :)

I kind of guessed on where to cut it, and then made one cut on each corner, and wrapped the overlapping ends. Let me know if you want a simple diagram on how to do the cut.

M

Maren

cutting lino

Yes, a diagram would be really useful thanks.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: cutting lino

Okay. Just for you. Here are 4 photos that show how to do it on a piece of paper. At least that is what I did:

special photo album

click on the photos to see more detail.

dotted lines are the floor dimension you want. Just cut in at the angle, overlap the corners and tape them down. You get a box with kind of rounded corners.

M

Maren

lino

Gee thanks Teresa. I will let you know in a couple of days how it worked out!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.