Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia A good exotic animal vet in Sydney for my piggies and groomers?

Piggy lovin

Cavy Slave
Hi!
Does anyone know where a good vet is in Sydney for piggies? Also do u know where there's a place I can take to get my piggies clipped and groom? I'm still new to piggies and I'm finding it hard to clip my little ones nails coz they are still getting use to me and they move alot when I try to hold them.

Haymonster

Cavy Slave
David Vella in Crows Nest is very good. There's also an exotics vet in Camden, if that's anywhere near you.

Vets will clip your pigs' nails for you, and can teach you how to do it yourself as well.

jubespiggies

Cavy Slave
This is just info from a friend but she went to David Vella, who is also at the Homebush/Flemigton Animal Referal Hospital and she also went to a vet in Summerhill, near the city, who was "cavy savy". Australian Cavy Sanctuary has a page on it, just scroll down to the NSW section and choose one of the vets. (broken link removed)

Tablo

Cavy Slave
My significant other is from Sydney (Bondi, tbe) and he always went here:
(broken link removed)
for care of his birds and such. I don't know how well they are with piggies, but it's an exotic vet.

jamiek

Cavy Slave
The best of the best exotic vets I know of is Dr. Alex Rosenwax, based in Waterloo, Sydney, tel: (02) 9319 6111. He is excellent with cavies. He has successfully treated my two adopted piggies from malocclusion (teeth overgrowth) to a full recovery. I had initially consulted for the respective treatment with several other exotic vets in (three in Australia, one in Canada), but it was Dr. Rosenwax who has finally saved my little ones.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.