Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

THAT is not how you use that!

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
I thought I would share how my Rictor has been adjusting to life without a pigloo. He is one of those that jumps up on top of them. With his upcoming neuter tomorrow, I gave him a cuddle cup so he could try to get used to them a few days in advance.

120528_085119.jpg

I'm thinking he might like a cuddle [sac] more or just a sleeping bag?! Lol
This is the 3rd night in a row he has managed to flip it over onto himself and get it in this awkward banana shape! He's adorable and I can't wait until he and Cara get to meet each other. They both have such cute personalities.

Does anyone know how long a cuddle sac might take to hand sew?

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Rictor the Materials Scientist! I'm not good at sewing. Usually things end up attached to me. But I just had to say that I can't wait to hear about Rictor and Cara's adventures and I hope you'll keep us updated on how he does with his surgery tomorrow.

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
Here is a cuddle sac.. Pretty simple to sew.. Even by hand :) might take an hour or more..?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338219686.684143.jpg right sides are out in the picture .. Good luck with surgery and sewing.. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
I had cozies but gave them away because mine were doing the same thing. As far as neutering, my male developed an abscess after 3 weeks. I checked his incision every day and kept the incision and his cage very clean so I was surprised that it happened so long after the surgery. Anything absorbent can be a breeding ground for bacteria so make sure you change the fleece more than once a day. If he's laying inside the cozy, I think I'd either remove it or wash it out frequently so he's on a dry, clean surface at all times. Good luck with his surgery.

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
OMG! This is awesome!! A sack might be a good thing for him :) Good luck with the surgery!

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
Thank you, @spy9doc for the offer! I found a few different tutorials on how to sew them but I have a short attention span and since my stupid surgery for my appendicitis, positioning myself comfortably has been a hassle! And yeah, I meant he has a cuddle cup now and I'm thinking of switching him to some cozy sacks [Hopefully Cara will like those too. She was completely against using the few cuddle cups I've placed in with current 2x3. She's developed quite the diva attitude the last few weeks. Love it.]

And thanks @pinky for the tips! I did switch him to fleece last week [because that is when it was all supposed to happen] but it's good to know how often to switch it while he is recovering.

AND! @peeweesteph, someone suggested the other day you sell the items you make. I whole-heatedly agree with that. Your tunnels with the bowing and your liners are beautiful.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Okay wait @jowasaurus you had an appendectomy recently?! :eek: You know you don't have to have surgery yourself just to show solidarity with your piggy, right?;) I hope that your recovery is going well. Wheeks to you!!:)

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
Okay wait @jowasaurus you had an appendectomy recently?! :eek: You know you don't have to have surgery yourself just to show solidarity with your piggy, right?;) I hope that your recovery is going well. Wheeks to you!!:)

HAHAHA! Yes, I just wanted to show Rictor that if I can do it, he can do it. Lol I had a laproscopic appendectomy late Thursday night.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
I will take much better care of Rictor after his surgery than I have of myself. Caring for Alenko when he was ill has really prepared me for responsibilities with other pigs

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.