Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Can this be flagged?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

They want people who don't want their rodents anymore to give them to him, so he can feed them to his snakes. Maybe if he just asked for rodents to feed to his snakes, I would let it slide. (Even though I hate the thought of it, aren't they essential to their diet? I actually don't know, this is a real question)

But this part is what makes me want to flag it:

Now, I know when you got your mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils, and guinea pigs, that you really didn't know that your house would end up smelling like an ammonia factory every other day, or that they would be constantly squeaking, fornicating, and cannibalizing....but that's what they do. If you want to be rid of your rodent "pets" don't wait another second.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I don't know. I flagged it anyways. If it's against their policies it'll be removed.

He sounds like a bonafide, grade-A, jerk. I wish I could use more "colorful" wording.

arionat799

Cavy Slave
I don't know. I flagged it anyways. If it's against their policies it'll be removed.

That's smart. I will do the same.

He sounds like a bonafide, grade-A, jerk. I wish I could use more "colorful" wording.

:D

piggypuppylove

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I flagged it as well. I realize that snakes must eat small prey; however, I do not agree with feeding live prey. It is dangerous for the snake and cruel to the animal being use as food. It is not like in the wild where the prey has a means of escape. There are several companies who supply humanely killed prey for snakes and other carnivorous pets.

Raine59

Cavy Slave
I think this is horrible personally, but which of CL's rules does it break? You can't flag something just because you think it shouldn't be done.

arionat799

Cavy Slave
You can't flag something just because you think it shouldn't be done.

? This sentence confuses me...isn't that the point of flagging...? I mean, we flag guinea pig breeders because we think that that shouldn't be done...:?:

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I was thinking maybe they'd remove it for his incredibly insensitive wording, I don't know. It just sucks being powerless. I don't mind small animals used to feed other animals. Even the zoos get frozen rabbits and guinea pigs for their carnivores. It's the thought of him feeding his pet a living thing and the way he talks about small animals that bothers me greatly.

lissie

Cavy Slave
It's the thought of him feeding his pet a living thing and the way he talks about small animals that bothers me greatly.

I agree. I flagged it too. I don't know if the ad will be taken down though.

charliespet

Cavy Slave
I wonder why ppl feed snakes live bait? My dad had a huge snake...he fed it a live rat once and it bit the snake over and over...the person who co-owned the snake said it wouldn't eat pre-killed bait...I agree tho, it just seems cruel when the prey doesn't even have a chance. Besides I don't think a G.pig is a good meal for a pet snake...but I'm biased.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.