Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sneezing Runny nose

Katie..

Cavy Slave
The piggie I got two days ago does not seem to want to move around alot. I dont know if he is still scared or not.
He is eating fine and drinks.
I found a little crusty on his nose and saw his nose run a little and he keeps rubbing it with his paws.
He also sneezed 3 times while on my lap. Other than that I haven't heard him sneeze.
My other piggie sneezes from time to time but I think it is because the hay might be a little dusty. (they are seperated at the moment)
Does anyone have any idea on what it might be or if I'm over reacting?

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If I were in your situation, I would go to a cavy savvy vet to have him looked at asap. Sneezing and a runny nose are signs of a URI, and pigs that aren't treated can go downhill fast. URIs can be fatal if not taken care of. Good luck.

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
get ur piggy to the vet better to be safe than sorry! they do go downhill very fast so its best to just check

MissJean

Cavy Slave
You're not overreacting.

Hope all goes well at the vet's! If you need help locating an exotic vet, we can assist.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.