Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cheap Cages

G

Guinea PigsUSA

Cheap Cages

Hi, I'm new here. I have 10 Guinea Pigs and a cage setup already, but now I have a new addition to the family. A dog and he always wants to get to my piggies. It's real easy for him to do too. I have 3 (mama, auntie, and baby) of them in a 45in by 45in childs swimming pool and the rest in seperate smaller "open" cages just like the bigger pool. The guinea pigs stay in my bedroom and I would like the dog to too. I was just wondering if anyone had any cheap cage ideas, so then I can just rebuild over? I hope everyone understands me, I was trying to be short but descriptive.

J

Josephine

coroplast and cubes?

I think the coroplast and cubes would be your best bet, and I have used TONS of different cages, store-bought and home-made over the years.

The cubes cost about $15 for a box and will make one five by two cube cage with a top (if you use cable ties or get extra connectors and use the grids). If you use a different top, it would make almost two such cages.

Shop around for the coroplast. The prices seem to vary a bit by area and individual shop. I have heard anywhere from $15-30 on average for a 8'x4' sheet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.