Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello Pig-lovers!

Amylittlehands

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone.
My name is Amy, I'm 20 in about two months and looking forward to getting a guinea pig. My main reason I joined this forum is to get some support and answers to questions I have, and to show off the piggy when I get him/her.

I had a guinea pig when I was younger, his name was Brad and was a cute little tike. Sadly he passed away at a very young age of two years old, I still to this day have no idea why. I think it was because I got him from a bad pet store and had underlying illness, I was 14 at the time so didn't know any different. May he rest in peace!

I'll be posting a thread with my questions soon so please have a look!

Many thanks guys!
Amy

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! You're definitely in the right place to get your all questions answered and to even get help finding a piggy to adopt, if needed. I know what you mean about pet store piggies because my first piggy, Mufasa, was purchased and died quickly thereafter of a URI. I'm glad you at least had Brad for a couple of years, although that's still too young. I'm sure you'll find the right piggy (or hopefully piggies since they love to be in pairs or more) and hopefully will enjoy long years of cavy companionship.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! I agree, it's best to get a pair.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! You will definitely have happier guinea pigs if there are two.

I was ignorant and got my first guinea pig from a pet store and she, too, died at a young age. I wasn't providing the best care for her, either, because I simply didn't know any better. You're at an advantage, having found this wonderful forum! You'll learn so much.

I adopted a guinea pig from my local shelter to be a friend to my other guinea pig, and he's such a love. He's already 6 years old! I also foster for my local guinea pig rescue and I have a sanctuary guinea pig who is 7 going on 8! It truly is best to go with a rescue or shelter rather than a pet store. The guinea pigs are just so much healthier.

Again, welcome! We love to help, so don't ever hesitate to ask questions!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.